Friday, December 08, 2006

BMI -how to increase body mass
Please use this thread on how to increase your body mass..
If you click on the link above it takes you to the BMI thread

Anon had asked
Hi, I 27 years, Male. I am having a good health and a very good stamina. I can walk 5 or 6 kms at a stretch or climb up & down even 200 steps in a matter of 5 minutes.

The real problem is my BMI is only 15. For my age and ht (5.7), people say it should be atleast 20.

I eat normally, work out in the gym (atleast 4 or 5 days a week), still not able to develop my structure.

People looking me for the first time, tend to believe i am jus 20.

What should i do? I am a strict vegetarian

Purnima had replied..

hi all i am a nutritionist & completely agree wid samip. but i really dont know what samip used for BMI calculation i use nomogram which a standard scale for measurin BMI & all u dear people if you happen to read Dr Anoop Mishra's latest paper on obesity the current BMI standards start from 23 fro indians so practically both of you are normal but anonymous is weighin slightly less say 5kgs or so that is practically your calorie intake is less than the work you perform which result in enrgy depreviation & you cannot gain weight. so my mantra to you is eat , sleep & read while you eat ;) in week you will gain 5 kgs.

Anon you can post in the same thread your BMI



No comments: